Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Damn you nano!

GNU nano is a pico clone text editor for Unix-like operating systems, and I like it because it's quick and reminds me of using Pine for email in the good-ol' days when an inbox was full of messages from actual human beings.  Anyhow, that's besides the point.  Let me just say that I use nano frequently throughout the day.


The problem with nano is that the "search" or "find" feature is bound to ^W (as in "Where is", sheesh), which also happens to be the same key combination to close the active window in Microsoft Windoze (as in "close Window", double sheesh).  

Every single day I'm in a web browser or some other application on Windows and I'll hit ^W on accident when trying to search for some text.  *blip* there goes the window.

I thought I'd blog about it because you look bored.

No comments: